Thursday, December 13, 2012

week 4

Week 4... I've almost made it an entire month!!!

So at about week 3 I started to feel just normal sore and not "I could be stuck on the toilet for days because I can't get up" sore. I was pretty proud of myself for making it this far and thinking "This isn't so hard".

Until...

I pulled a muscle in my stomach!!! Okay... do you know how often you use that muscle??? Um... sitting up, rolling over, bending down, sneezing, coughing, laughing, you name it, you use that muscle. I knew I did something to it on Monday and Loren made me promise that I would tell Marshall that I actually injured myself and I am not just sore.

Hello... He's not going to believe me because I whine the ENTIRE time I am working out. I am literally the girl who cried wolf in this scenario.

So I try to tuff it out and do the army crawl across the mat. BAD IDEA. I move an inch and curl up into fetal position and cry!!! Now he believes me.

At this point he modifies my exercises for me. I do push ups against the wall and squats facing the wall (he says it is to help my technique) I am noticing that everything he is making me do is facing the wall. I am pretty sure I was in time-out the rest of the hour!!! The next day I was still sore!!!

Week 4 I feel a bit better. My muscle still hurts a bit, but I can do way more. I did 20 push ups. (when I started I could do 3) That is a huge accomplishment for me. I am able to handle our warm up run much better (I was a sluggard for 19 years remember, warm-up was killing me)But I am noticing a bigger problem...

Marshall decided that he wants us jumping rope. Sounds fine, right? Well... after pushing out 2 babies... and just being old... I can't not pee my pants. I was focused!!! It didn't matter. I peed on every bounce. Well... every bounce that I wasn't tangled up in the rope that was too short for me. If it's not one thing it's another, but I am sticking with it! I'll just wear depends tonight I guess.

My mother-in-law is coming for a visit today so I am super excited to see her. This will be our first Christmas without going home or having family with us so it will be nice to have a pre-Christmas visitor. I think it is going to be a very hard Christmas for me without my mom. I was hoping to still be in the denial stage of grief... but I'm pretty sure I just moved into anger! Bummer! On a positive note... It was good timing for Marshall to have us start punching the bag! I can now left jab, right jab, and left hook. It actually helped. I wonder if that was for me? Thanks Marshall.

Dad... Can you please buy me some boxing gloves??? Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie! I just read this post and laughed out loud!! Hilarious! Especially the jumping rope fiasco...I'm still laughing my goodness!!!