Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Boot camp day 1 recap

First night recap!

It didn't take long for the hilarity to ensue. We all came into it a bit scared, not knowing what to expect. Here is the gang! I love them!!! I also love that Rose was wearing her new Twilight shirt!


So Marshall begins explaining our circuit training. While he is explaining one of the exercises to us DeeAnne says (in a very serious manner)

"So it's like doing KEGELS for your stomach"

KEGELS!!! Yes... This happened! I have never experienced the look of shock and disgust on Marshall's face before. It was priceless. I think at that moment he realized what he got himself into... I don't think he could look DeeAnne in the eye for the next few minutes. I couldn't go to sleep last night because I kept thinking about it and couldn't stop laughing out loud.

So about 10 minutes (that's all, just 10 minutes) into our circuit training I already had to make a run for the barf bucket because I was going to toss my cookies. As I was sitting on the floor dry heaving, the Lord's hand shone upon me and the drinking fountain that I was sitting next to switched on and blew cold air in my face. That was a close one!!! In my defense... I am in the "time of the month" where I get nauseous very easily. I will not tell you the truth about how long it has been since I have really pushed myself hard... I mean, it was probably just because of the "time of the month" and NOT because I have been a sluggard for the past 15 years.

So... speaking of my time of the month... My cramps that feel like I am in labor should kick in right around tomorrow. I will blame my soreness on that too. I am so excited I can't even contain myself!

After circuit training we moved to the mat where Marshall proceeded to punish us by making us climb mountains and do other things that had suicide in the name (that's never good) We may or may not have whined and complained...

We all survived and then Marshall ended with a pep talk. He didn't even make fun of us one time. That was impressive.

Now to start the nutrition plan... this is the part where it is not fun to live with Marshall. When I am eating a handful of almonds (following Marshall's nutrition plan) and he is sitting next to me eating a mixing bowl full of fruit loops (which is definitely NOT on the list). I guess if I worked out for 4 hours a day I could eat that too.

This is good for me this is good for me this is good for me this is good for me.
I keep telling myself this. I'll update on the eating situation tomorrow.

Pray for me!






5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hahaha!!! You crack me up! I think you're going to have to slyly sneak some pie on Thanksgiving and quickly beeline to the closet to enjoy it! (I hope Marshall doesn't see this! LOL!)

Carrie said...

Rachel!!! That is a fantastic idea... I think I should organize my closet to be able to fit a little table so that I can really enjoy myself. You can't have thanksgiving without pie! I'm pretty sure that is the law!

Unknown said...

Doesn't Marshall realize that you get to eat candy for dinner, since it's your time of the month?

Carrie said...

That's right!!! Oh thank you, Carli! My day just got so much better!!!

Jane said...

i literally laughed out loud when i read the part about the kegels! That is too funny!