Monday, November 19, 2012

Boot Camp

My Mom passed away a little over a month ago. I'm not really ready to write all about that, but I will say that I miss her terribly!!! I didn't realize how much I thought about her. Even with me living in a place she has never been, I see things and do things that remind me of her every day. I cry a lot.

So... after forgetting to eat anything with any nutritional value for about 3 days (I basically ate my kids halloween candy) and realizing that what I really want to do is just sit and watch TV... or lay on the floor and watch TV... or sleep... and since Sean Lowe's season of The Bachelor hasn't started yet, I decided that it is a good time to change some things.

Enter Marshall Pulliam:



Marshall lives in my basement and happens to be a personal trainer. Convenient, right? He came home from work and I said "Can we talk later?" NOTE: I probably should have clarified what I was going to talk about because he was worried for the whole rest of the afternoon that he has done something wrong... like turning the kitchen into a bubble bath because he used the wrong kind of soap in the dishwasher again.

Well...I told him that I have no motivation to exercise or eat. NONE! I asked him if he would commit to getting me into shape and I would try to find some girls to do it with me... so I would actually look forward to it! He said yes, but warned me that he would be the boss of me or 3 hours a week. I may regret this!!! I found some really fun girls to do this with me and think it would make a pretty hilarious reality TV show... I would totally watch it and cant wait to see how Marshall is going to handle us. Pray for him!

We start tonight and I have already gotten messages from 2 of the girls saying how scared they are. I am scared too. I am also extremely PMS-ing so we'll see how day 1 goes. I will probably cry!


3 comments:

teresaanddarinjolley@blogspot.com said...

Can't wait to read this daily. Don't forget to write cuz I won't forget to read. I'm looking at you for motivation so do me proud Carrie. Love you, you got this.

Carrie said...

Teresa! You should do it with us!!! Monday and Wednesday nights at 9pm and Saturday mornings at 9am. It's $100 a month and we are meeting at Kingdon Training Center in NSL. You can join us whenever you are ready!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss.