Wednesday, November 21, 2012

nutrition plan



I realized the LAST TIME I was on Marshall's nutrition plan (Don't judge me... I was doing really well, my life got crazy... and I really wanted ice cream, end of story.) well... what I realized was that I had to change the relationship I have with food. I enjoy food. Even more, I enjoy junk food. A lot! It is what I go to for comfort, and it is what most activities are centered around! I love to go out to eat. I love to bake and eat sweets with my friends. I crave them... EVERY DAY! So starting to change my diet right before Thanksgiving is a brilliant idea, right???

For the most part I enjoy many of the things I am allowed to eat. Meat and veggies are great. Quinoa and brown rice are okay. Apples taste really sweet when you aren't eating junk all day. And even though I really REALLY want a soda... I feel much better when I don't drink them. All these things are fine. For me it is a mental thing. Before I go to bed I want ice cream. When it is snowing outside I want a cinnamon role. I pretty much always want a little piece of candy as an afternoon treat once I finally get the kids calm enough to get a break. I reward myself with sugar. So... day 1 of retraining... here we go!

I haven't been to the store so I am having to make due with what we have. For dinner last night I was making brown rice, veggies, and chicken. It was the worst food fail I have had in a long time! My rice cooker broke last week so I had to make it in a pot. Just put it in boiling water and let it simmer. Simple, right? Apparently not, because mine turned into mush. More like oatmeal than rice. 6 cups of mush. It actually would have been good if I was allowed to have brown sugar, or maple syrup on it. Since I couldn't, I ate veggies with plain chicken. It was yucky. I had to pick the corn out (it's not on the list) and so my 4 year old came up to comfort me...

"Someday when Marshall has a house of his own, and he goes to it, then you can eat these again, okay mommy. I'm not doing Marshall's list so I will eat these for you."

My kids are so good to me!!!

All in all I am doing okay... I had a 40 minute dance party with Loren last night to get my cardio in. He's such a trooper! I made up some new moves to Kidz Bop 17 while constantly fearing that Stephen was hiding in a corner getting it on video. I should probably check youtube. I am drinking a ton of water and I am more sore than I have ever been in my life. This combination caused some problems today when I was almost trapped in the bathroom many times because I didn't have the strength to pull myself off of the toilet... and the thing I feared would happen about "the time of the month" kicked in about an hour ago... (Don't worry Marshall, I won't say PERIOD!) So I am super excited about Marshall kicking my butt tonight! Do I look skinnier yet???



No comments: